Umbrella Liability Coverage
What is umbrella liability coverage and why is it important?
First, let’s talk about how umbrella compliments your home/renters and auto coverage.
If you have a car, you are required to have auto insurance.
- Let’s say your auto coverage is $25,000, meaning if you get in an accident you will only be liable for damages above $25,000
If you have a mortgage, you are required to have home insurance.
- Let’s say your home coverage is $200,000
How can you get more coverage inexpensively above and beyond your auto and home coverage? An umbrella policy.
An umbrella policy can be added on through your home and auto company.
Think of the following circumstances where this could come in handy:
You injure someone significantly in a car accident
- Anyone can google you these days and if they think you have money they’re going to come after you with a lawsuit.
- Perhaps you don’t have the money to pay the damages. It doesn’t matter, they can take your property or put a lien on your income where the money gets taken out of your paycheck before you even see it
- Your kids have their friends over and one of them slips and hurts himself significantly
- The parents, even if they’re friends, might come after you with a lawsuit
- Your kid gets in a fight at school and injures another kid
- Your kid is involved in online bullying and it leads another kid to hurt themselves or God forbid commit suicide.
- Your home and auto coverage won’t cover some of these situations
You work hard to earn and grow your wealth. It’s important that you protect it against the unknown.
North Star realized the importance of this coverage and recently partnered with a Property & Casualty firm. Please allow them to review your current coverage to make sure there aren’t any gaps.
I am not licensed to handle this, but my colleague Tanner Sandlin is. (pretty cool first name) He will provide you with a complimentary, no obligation assessment of your coverage. In one case he worked on recently he was not only able to save someone $880.00 in premiums per year, but he increased their protection as well. *
Email Tanner (Tanner.Sandlin@nsmedsup.com) to learn more about Property & Casualty coverage. If you’d like for him to review your coverage he will want to see a copy of your declaration pages and driver’s license information for all drivers.
North Star Consultants Texas, Inc. – Insurance Products and Services | CRI Securities, LLC – Securities and Investments | Securian Financial Services, Inc. – Variable Products and Securities | North Star Consultants of Texas offers securities and investments through CRI Securities, LLC and Securian Financial Services, Inc., Members FINRA/SIPC. | CRI Securities, LLC is affiliated North Star Consultants of Texas and Securian Financial Services, Inc. Securian Financial Services, Inc. operates under separate ownership from North Star Consultants Texas and North Star Consultants Texas, Inc. North Star Consultants Texas, Inc. doing business as North Star Consultants of Texas in the state of Texas.
Financial Advisors do not provide specific tax/legal advice and this information should not be considered as such. You should always consult your tax/legal advisor regarding your own specific tax/legal situation.
*This is just one example and you may not experience the same results.