Effective Date: March 22, 2021
Protecting your private information is our priority. This Statement of Privacy (“Statement”) applies to northstarfinancial.com (“Website”) and North Star Resource Group (“North Star”) and governs data collection and usage. The Website is a public site. By using the Website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your personal information
We collect the following information that you voluntarily provide to us:
- Financial and personal information provided to receive services. If you are a customer, you may need to provide certain financial and personal information to facilitate the provision of our services.
- Completing forms on our Website. If you fill out any forms on our Website, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, email address, phone number, occupation, income range, or age. Many of these fields will be optional and will be purged from our online logs regularly.
- If you send any emails from the Website to North Star or a representative, we will collect your email address and any information that you provide in the email.
- Applying for a job. All job application information is collected through a secure vendor, Greenhouse or greenhouse.io.
We will use your voluntary information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to inquiries, services, and/or products you have requested from us.
North Star may use Google Analytics to collect anonymous demographic information, as you navigate our Website, such as:
- Usage Information. We may collect information automatically through your use of the Website, such as which of the pages on the website you access, duration of website access, and what you click on while on our website. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising on other channels to customers whose behavior indicates they are interested in a particular subject.
- Device information. We may collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, referring website addresses, and IP addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain the quality of service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website. You may opt-out of Google Analytics tracking bel.
- Location information. We may collect information about your actual location which may be determined from GPS and other sensors that may reveal information on or nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
You can read more about how Google uses your personal information. You can also opt out of Google Analytics.
Sharing information with third parties
North Star does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties under any circumstances.
North Star may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary for the following:
- To conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on North Star or the Website
- To protect and defend the rights or property of North Star
- To act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public
Opt out of disclosure of personal information to third parties
In connection with any personal information we may disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know the categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt out of the disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt-out, we will refrain from disclosing your personal information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the disclosure. To opt-out, please email email@example.com.
Right to deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete our personal information from our records, and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and North Star;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impaired the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained you informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Changes to this statement
North Star reserves the right to change this Statement from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes to the way we treat personal information by updating this Statement. Your continued use of the Website and/or services available after such modifications will constitute: (a) acknowledgment of the modified Statement; and (b) agreement to abide and be bound by that Statement.
North Star welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement.