I look forward to scheduling a time to meet with you.
Why I do what I do:
In my opinion, the problem in our industry is the mistaken belief that most financial professionals have a minimum account balance they require of anywhere from $500k to $1mil to $5mil of investable assets, outside of your company’s retirement plan, before you can even sit across from them.
This can make financial services appear as an unattainable, exclusive club that only the wealthy can access.
But what about those who haven’t built wealth yet?
How do the people who are wealthy get to that point?
Doesn’t it make sense to work with someone who will help you build wealth?
You look at the industry of personal training – no personal trainer says “Once you get down to 5% body fat, then you can come work with me.”
But that’s pretty much what financial professionals do when they implement account minimums.
In 2012, when I started this business, I kept thinking there must be a better way for me to work with clients than only charging 1% of what they had to invest.
Oftentimes I would meet people who had all these questions about their student loans, buying homes, budgeting, how much to save for retirement, what insurances do I need, etc, etc but they only had $10,000 to invest and 1% of $10,000 doesn’t pay the bills unless I have thousands of clients (That’s $100/year if you’re not good at math – that’s okay though, we don’t judge).
That lead me on a journey to develop a different way to work with those who really needed my guidance and who were on their own journey to build wealth.
That lead me to Financial Life Planning.
Financial Life Planning is based on the premise that Financial Advisors should first discover a client’s most essential goals in life before formulating a financial strategy, so a client’s finances fully support those goals.
The way we work with clients is on a fee for advice basis. It doesn’t matter how much money you have to invest – it’s about helping you live the best life possible with the money that you have.
Whether you’re a DIY type or someone who needs more regular meetings – we have a model that can serve you. We calculate our fees based on the level of advice that you’re looking for. It’s pretty simple: the more complicated advice you need the more we’ll charge. The less you need, the less we’ll charge. As an additional service, we do provide investment management services for clients who do not have the knowledge, desire, and/or time to do DIY investing. We also provide access to insurance and retirement vehinces.
What have I accomplished over my career:
- First and foremost, I am a proud Christian, Husband and Father.
- I graduated from Texas A&M Business school with a degree in Finance.
- In the past, I’ve qualified for the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) which is the Premier Association of Financial Professionals.
- Via financial workshops, I’ve provided financial education to thousands of individuals at the following institutions:
- TAMU Baylor College of Dentistry, UTHealth School of Dentistry, UTHSCSA Dental School, Seton Medical Center, Scott & White Healthcare, Baylor College of Medicine, UT Southwestern, UT Houston Medical, Houston Methodist, John Peter Smith Hospital, UT Health Science Center San Antonio, Texas Tech Health Science Center, UTMB Galveston
- Baylor & St. Mary’s Law school, Austin – Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association*, Austin, San Antonio, Belton, Arlington, Houston and Galveston Young Lawyers Associations*. Certain presentations may qualify for CLE credits. Please contact us for more information.
- Business Owners teaching our Business University program
- FINRA Series 7 & Series 66 Registered & Life and Health Licensed
- Graduate of the Leadership in Life Institute
- Teacher of our Business University Program: A course designed to help Business Owners with financial literacy
What can the client expect?
- Organization: Bringing financial order to a client’s life
- Objectivity: Providing a neutral perspective that will lead to suitable and rational decisions regarding money.
- Proactivity: Help clients anticipate life transitions and prepare financially
- Accountability: Help clients follow through on their commitments.
- Guidance: Help clients make decisions that move them toward the life they desire with the money they have.
Whether you are an individual or a business – we have a whole host of solutions to fit your needs that I won’t bore you with listing here. If it impacts you financially, we can help.
Prior to this, I was a personal trainer for three years and that made me realize I always wanted to do something where I was helping people.
I grew up in a small town of East Texas called Whitehouse in a large amazing family. My Dad and 3 older brothers taught me how to be a man and my Mom and younger Sister taught me to be sensitive.
My wife Chelsie and I reside in Waxahachie and are working on growing our own family. We currently have a young daughter named Amelia and as long as my wife will let me, we’ll keep having as many as possible until we can’t. : )
Currently I’m enjoying learning more about farming, archery, leadership and anything to do with the outdoors.
I look forward to helping you.
- Comprehensive financial planning
- Retirement planning
- Student loan and debt management
- Cash flow for home buying
- Budgeting strategies
- Life and disability insurance
- Preparing for college for children
Separate from the financial plan and our role as financial planner, we may recommend the purchase of specific investment or insurance products or accounts. These product recommendations are not part of the financial plan and you are under no obligation to follow them.
Tanner is a registered representative and investment advisor representative of CRI Securities, LLC and Securian Financial Services, Inc.
Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) is an independent membership organization of life insurance and financial service professionals. Membership levels are based on commissions, premiums, or fees generated within a year from investment and insurance products. Members must apply annually and pay a fee. Members must be members in good standing of a Professional Association which has met the following criteria: in existence at least 2 years, have 100 or more members, must be a nonprofit organization, must have a code of ethics and an effective means of dealing with breaches of its code. Members must also adhere to the MDRT Code of Ethics. Working with this advisor is not a guarantee of future financial results. Investors should conduct their own evaluation.