Todd Bramson, CFP®, CLU, ChFC
Todd has been a Financial Advisor with North Star Resource Group since 1987. While his office is in Madison, he maintains a national practice with clients in 45 states. He believes, “If the trust is there, the miles don’t matter.” As a member of the North Star Medical Division, Todd specializes in working with physicians and other medical professionals.
Todd is the creator and author of the Real Life Financial Planning book series, including the recently published Real Life Financial Planning for Physicians. He has been an editorial consultant with Medical Economics magazine since 2006.
He is also a frequent speaker at many residency programs and organizations. View Todd’s speaking map here.
Todd has a BBA in Marketing and Risk/Insurance and has earned his CFP® (CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner), ChFC (Chartered Financial Counselor) and CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter) designations. He is a member of many financial services associations and is very active in the community, including Blackhawk Country Club and the Evans Scholars Alumni Foundation.
What to expect from Todd
If there is something that you really should do or should avoid, Todd will tell you. But in many cases, the decisions are not black and white. Todd excels at educating and talking his clients though the “decision tree” and explaining the ramifications of all the options. This teaching and consultative approach involves his clients in the process as everyone works together to map out a financial strategy.
A financial strategy is nothing if not acted upon. As your situation unfolds, the trust develops and it makes sense to make changes to your financial portfolio, Todd will guide you through the options and help you get your financial strategy underway and, with periodic reviews, make sure your strategy stays current with your financial needs.
- Tax Minimizing Strategies*
- Life/Disability Insurance Review and Selection
- Investment Consultation
- Employee Benefit Analysis and Coordination*
- Financial considerations with large purchases, Home Purchase Analysis*
- College Education Funding and Retirement Analysis
- Student Loan Management, Deferment and Consolidation
- Retirement Strategies, Including Rollovers
- Analyzing Employee Benefit Packages*
- Estate Planning and Charitable Gifting Strategies*
- Budgeting Basics and Cash Flow Management
- Net Worth Determination and Analysis
Todd is a registered representative and investment advisor representative of CRI Securities, LLC and Securian Financial Services, Inc.