Darby Affeldt, DVM, RICP®
Financial Advisor, Associate Partner
Your long-term financial advocate and ally
I am only a phone call away from all of life’s financial questions.
I don’t have the typical financial advisor backstory:
I graduated from vet school and enjoyed a 19-year relief veterinary career and along the way, I began to fix and flip homes. I then founded and built a successful construction company, building new homes for 12 years. After the 2008 financial crisis, I owned, then sold, an 8-doctor mixed animal practice with my DVM husband.
In 2014, I became a financial advisor, helping protect and build wealth through a comprehensive and educational approach.
Each of these experiences has made me the advisor I am today, proud to support veterinarians in all career phases on the path toward financial literacy, independence, and security.
As a DVM and former practice owner, I understand the veterinary industry profoundly, with all the complexity that comes with the profession. As a lifelong entrepreneur, I am deeply passionate about helping others to pursue their financial goals and to succeed.
That’s me, on the right, back in vet school with my big hair and fanny pack! >
Specializing in financial planning, investments, and insurance and backed by many experienced specialists of North Star Resource Group, I can provide the insight and tools needed to help you take control of your financial life. I serve clients who are not vets too!
I would love to get to know you! Connect with me today for a complimentary, never-any-obligation initial call.
A little more about me:
- I grew up in Colorado and received my bachelor’s and doctorate degrees from Colorado State University.
- Education matters to me—for my clients and beyond. I publish regular articles for industry publications, and I even co-authored the book Real Life Financial Planning for Veterinarians to support DVMs I may never meet.
- I’m an outdoor enthusiast. I live in Denver and love cycling, swimming, snow and water skiing, diving, and traveling.
I manage a national financial practice, licensed to serve clients in throughout the U.S. You can check my licensures, registrations, and qualifications at FINRA’s Broker Check,
- SEI, Series 7, Series 63, and Series 65 licensed
- Life, health, and disability insurance licenses
- Retirement Income Certified Professional® (RICP®)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Asset protection*
- Business/Practice owner solutions
- Comprehensive financial planning
- Debt management
- Education funding strategies
- Income protection strategies
- Life insurance
- Mutual funds
- Retirement strategies
- Risk management
- Tax-efficient investment strategies*
- Wealth accumulation
- Wealth management
Connect with Darby
Darby is based out of Seattle, but she works virtually with clients throughout the United States.
North Star - Olympia
I regularly speak at veterinary schools, industry groups, and veterinary conventions. You can often catch me at the Fetch DVM 360 conferences!
Darby is a registered representative and investment advisor representative of Securian Financial Services, Inc.
Separate from the financial plan and an advisors’ role as financial planner, an advisor may recommend the purchase of specific investment or insurance products or accounts. These product recommendations are not part of the financial plan and clients are under no obligation to follow them.