Michael G. Foley, CFP®, CSLP®
Comprehensive Financial Advisor
Take the first step toward financial security
Schedule a time for a complimentary, no obligation initial phone call to see if our team would be a good fit to service your needs.
Michael Foley, comprehensive Financial Advisor specializing in the healthcare space, is a native of Paradise Valley, AZ who grew up with a pediatric anesthesiologist and a maternal fetal medicine specialist for parents, which is where his passion for helping medical professionals started. After watching his parents struggle because of poor advice from a financial advisor, Michael found himself with a desire to serve healthcare professionals in a way that gives them the opportunity to live their best lives and support the things that matter the most to them through coming alongside them in helping manage their finances.
Michael earned his undergraduate degree from Duke University, where he was team captain and set a school record for hammer throwing, and then went on to complete his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification training from Northwestern. He specializes in student loan consulting, and is a Certified Student Loan Professional, which requires a board exam yearly to make sure that he is on top of all the changes in the complex world of student loans. He is also a licensed life, accident and health insurance agent and is FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 registered. And if that wasn’t enough, he is a member of the medical division of North Star, a contributing author with Medical Economics and is a lead producer for the Guaranteed Standard Issue Disability Insurance Programs for UofA and UNM.
While Michael has significant experience and education what makes him different is that, at the core of everything that he does, is his passion for people. Whether it’s through helping them manage their student loans, serving them through personalized financial counseling, or through the Center for Humane Living, which he co-founded and teaches Tang Soo Do to contribute to accomplishing the mission of inspiring people of all ages to live peaceful and compassionate lives, Michael is committed to making the lives of the people around him better.
As a business owner, Michael lives by “The Foley Way” which are the principals that guide his practice and his staff and they include values like honesty, kindness, valuing the person more than the business, recognizing that there is far more to people’s lives than their finances, and dropping everything when a client needs something.
And when Michael isn’t working, he spends his time with his wife Lindsay who is a special needs teacher and Otis, their Great Dane.
- FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 Registered
- Licensed Life, Accident and Health Insurance Agent
- Duke University B.A. – Cultural Anthropology and Markets and Management Studies – Durham, NC
- Northwestern University – CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- CSLA Institute: Certified Student Loan Professional Program
- Board of directors member and fourth-degree black belt instructor at The Center for Humane Living, a non-profit wellness organization rooted in the martial arts
Personal Info and Fun Facts
- Former Duke track team captain and current hammer throw school record holder
- Co-coordinator for the Village Porsche Club, a gathering of fellow members who are Porsche owners and enthusiasts
- Developed Cars for a Cause Fundraiser through his Porsche club to raise money for those in need at The Center for Humane Living over the holidays
- Fourth degree blackbelt and has trained for over 23 years in Tang Soo Do (Assigned black belt name is “Mercy”)
- Can name most sports cars simply by the sound of them
- Enjoys working out, coaching, mountain biking, going to car shows and coming up with business ideas
Michael specifically assists his clients in the following areas:
- Comprehensive advice-based financial planning
- Goal planning and “what if” scenario blueprints
- Investment asset allocation and portfolio design
- Debt management
- True own-occupation disability insurance
- Risk management and asset protection strategies*
- Business/practice planning
- Tax minimization techniques*
- Wealth accumulation and distribution strategies
- Estate planning*, wealth preservation and wealth transfer
Michael is a registered representative and investment advisor representative of Securian Financial Services, Inc.