Larry Altman, CFP®, CLU, CLTC®
Laurence J. Altman, CFP®, CLU, CLTC is a founding partner of Fortune Financial, an independent financial services firm in Minnetonka, Minn.
For over 40 years, Larry has provided expertise to business owners, professionals, and executives on their investment and wealth management strategies.
Larry also provides specialized financial planning and guidance for special-needs families. As the parent of a child with special needs, he understands firsthand the fears and challenges these families face. His practice is committed to providing trustworthy, compassionate advice to help clients set their children up for a secure financial future.
Along with his work with individuals, Larry specializes in corporate retirement plans, helping businesses design and manage solutions that support the long-term financial health of their employees.
Larry and his co-founders continually strive to make Fortune Financial a trusted wealth management firm for comprehensive financial planning, and they are regularly named one of the Largest Wealth Management Firms in the Twin Cities.1
- Bachelor of Science from the Carlson School of Business in Minneapolis with a concentration in finance and economics
- FINRA Series 7, 24, and 63 registered
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™(CFP®) practitioner, a formal recognition of expertise in financial planning
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), recognizing expertise in life insurance and estate planning
- Certified in Long Term Care (CLTC), a formal recognition of a rigorous multidisciplinary study of long-term care planning
- Member, Financial Planning Association
- Member, Premier Resource Group, a study group of top producing financial professionals within the Securian Financial Services network
- Past Board Member, MN Chapter of The International Association of Financial Planners
- Legacy Advisor, Minneapolis Children’s Hospital
- Past Board Member, We Can Ride, Inc.
Investment management and wealth management
Prepare for retirement with a comprehensive investment and wealth management strategy personalized to your goals. Larry specializes in managing retirement funds and trust funds, as well as coordinating retirement distribution.
Larry can help you plan out your objectives for your legacy, working with your tax and legal professionals to develop recommendations that suit your needs. Then, he will continue to work with you to maintain the plan, and he can assist your tax and legal professionals with administration, serving as your family’s financial resource moving forward.
Corporate retirement plans
Larry will work with you to address your company’s retirement plan needs and your employees’ retirement readiness. He and his team look at the retirement plan process in three layers:
- Plan design and technical expertise
- Fiduciary oversight
- Participant advocacy
Special needs planning
Protect the financial future of your children with guidance specialized to your family’s needs. Larry has made himself an expert in specifics of life insurance, disability insurance, estate planning*, retirement and college options, and tax reduction strategies* for special-needs families.
He can work in conjunction with your attorney and trust to prepare a comprehensive financial plan that provides confidence and comfort for the entire family.
Location and contact
10261 Yellow Circle Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55343
1Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. (2020, January 31). Twin Cities Largest Wealth Management Firms
Larry is a Registered Representative and Investment Advisor Representative of Securian Financial Services, Inc. and CRI Securities, LLC. 3509663/DOFU 3-2021