Jim Quandt, CFP®, AIF®, CLU, ChFC®, CLTC
Contact me for a free, no-obligation review.
Jim is a Managing Director and Co-Founder of Fortune Financial. Fortune Financial is an independent financial services firm founded in 1997. Its four founding partners have over 120 combined years of experience working together over their full careers.
With over 33 years of experience as a financial advisor, Jim is widely recognized as an expert in the field. Jim specializes in Qualified Retirement Plans, Investment and Estate Planning. His goal is to help his clients make quality decisions about the allocations of their financial resources. Jim currently resides in Shorewood, MN with his wife, Christine and his two daughters, Kayla and Mckenna.
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®), Foundation for Fiduciary Studies – Sewickley, PA
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, Board of Standards – Washington, D.C.
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), American College – Bryn Mawr, PA
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), American College – Bryn Mawr, PA
- Certified Long Term Care (CLTC), CLTC Board of Standards – Newton, MA
- B.A. Degree, Finance, University of St. Thomas – St. Paul, MN
- Registered Representative, Registered Principal and Investment Advisor Representative of Securian Financial Services, Inc.
- FINRA Series 6, 7, 24, and 63 Registered
- Member, National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
- Member, Minnesota Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
- Qualifying Member, Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT), the Premier Association of Financial Professionals®
- Member, Minneapolis Estate Planning Council
- Board Member, Bob Allison Ataxia Research Center (2000 – 2011)
- President, North Star Charitable Foundation (2016 – present)
- Board Member, North Star Charitable Foundation (2004 – present)
- Founding Partner, Waterford Partners – Steamboat Springs, CO (2004 – present)
- St. Paul Festival & Heritage Foundation (2004 – present)
- Board Member, Storm Meadows Homeowner’s Association – Steamboat Springs, CO (2002 – 2006)
- University of St. Thomas, Major Gift and Planned Giving Advisory Board (2000 – 2003)
- Board Member, Bull Moose Charitable Foundation (1998 – 2003)
- Board Member, St. Paul Priory, Benedictine Center (1997 – 1999)
Comprehensive financial planning
Tax-efficient investment strategies*
Connect with Jim
Jim is a registered representative and investment advisor representative of Securian Financial Services, Inc. 4645921/DOFU 4-2022
Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) is an independent membership organization of life insurance and financial service professionals. Membership levels are based on commissions, premiums, or fees generated within a year from investment and insurance products. Members must apply annually and pay a fee. Members must be members in good standing of a Professional Association which has met the following criteria: in existence, at least two years, have 100 or more members, must be a nonprofit organization, must have a code of ethics and an effective means of dealing with breaches of its code. Members must also adhere to the MDRT Code of Ethics. Working with this advisor is not a guarantee of future financial results. Investors should conduct their own evaluation.
Awards and club membership are based primarily on commissions, premiums, or fees generated from investment and insurance products and other criteria relative to leadership and achievement.
Working with this individual or firm is not a guarantee of future financial results. Investors should conduct their own evaluation.