Justin believes in building relationships with his clients based on financial education and blunt honesty. He specializes in helping physician families avoid financial mistakes and primarily works with young physicians because seemingly small decisions during the early stages of a career regarding topics such as student loans, disability insurance, and cash flow organization can have a large long-term effect on a physician’s financial health. Justin has built relationships with a number of hospitals in the Pacific Northwest, primarily Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU), Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, Providence Portland, Providence St. Vincent, Providence Milwaukie, Kaiser Permanente and Legacy Health in Portland, Oregon.
Justin offers a personalized financial education course that covers essential topics almost every physician will encounter during their career. He wants his clients to have a clear understanding of the “why” behind each financial decision they make and education is the key to accomplishing this goal. Justin’s dedication to educating physicians is shown not only by the one-on-one financial education he provides, but also by the presentations he hosts for many residency departments at OHSU, Providence St. Vincent, Providence Milwaukie, the University of Washington, and MultiCare. Justin’s primary goal with everyone he meets is to reduce their financial stress and make sure they avoid costly financial mistakes.
As an independent financial advisor, Justin has helped hundreds of clients address the following topics:
- Debt management and repayment strategies including assistance with Income Based Repayment (IBR), Pay As You Earn (PAYE), Revised Pay As You Earn (REPAYE), and the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Disability insurance options and assisting with company selection among the “big six companies” which consist of Principal, Ameritas (Union Central), Ohio National, Guardian Berkshire, Standard, Mass Mutual
- Cash flow organization and automation strategies
- Term life insurance options and assisting with company selection
- Group benefits packages offered by physician employers
- Retirement funding strategies (401a, 401k, 403b, 457b, Roth IRA, Traditional IRA, Solo 401k)
- Long term care insurance options and assisting with company selection
- Education funding for children or other loved ones (529 accounts)
The potential benefits from meeting with Justin include:
- A debt analysis to make sure you aren’t making an expensive mistake with your repayment strategy
- An evaluation of your insurance needs to make sure you aren’t over-insured, underinsured, or overpaying
- Increased knowledge of how the U.S. financial system works and how it affects your life
- A better understanding of how to reach your goals
- Reduction of financial worry
If you would like to schedule an introductory meeting or you want know more about how Justin helps physicians improve their financial well-being, please use the Contact Form in the upper right corner. If you would like to read articles that Justin has written, please click the "Advisor Articles" link under his profile picture.
Outside of work, there is nothing Justin loves more than spending time with his wife Kathy and his daughters Sydney and Mackenzie. He also enjoys golfing with his friends, road trips, and going to comedy shows.
Justin is a Registered Representative and Investment Advisor Representative of Securian Financial Services, Inc. and CRI Securities, LLC. 2042379 / DOFU 02-2018
Justin’s Support Team
Title: Practice Coordinator
Portland6500 SW Macadam Avenue, Suite 375
Portland, OR 97239
Seattle1100 Dexter Avenue N
Seattle, WA 98109