Zachary A. MacDougall, CFP®, ChFC®, is a financial advisor and associate partner with North Star Resource Group. He runs an office branch located in San Diego, CA, and has clients in 18 states nationwide. North Star Resource Group is one of the nation’s largest and oldest privately-held independent financial advising firm, with over $8 Billion of client assets* entrusted to them and origins tracing back to 1908.
Zach is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional as well as a CHARTERED FINANCIAL CONSULTANT™. He manages an advice-based financial practice concentrating on providing integrated financial strategies specific to medical professionals, attorneys, and small business owners as well as high net worth individuals across different professions and disciplines.
Ultimately, Zach builds long term relationships with his clients and helps them grow and protect their wealth in an efficient manner. He can help you identify, develop, and refine your short and long term financial goals, design a financial strategy to efficiently pursue them, and keep you accountable to those goals throughout the years.
Zach knows that it is equally important to educate the community about personal financial strategies, and devotes time throughout the year providing educational financial seminars in the San Diego/Phoenix areas for both the law and medical communities. Please reach out to his practice coordinator Jamie.Amacher@northstarfinancial.com if you would like to schedule Zach for a complimentary, no obligation educational seminar for your association, students, or company employees.
Recent Speaking Engagements/Publications:
- Association of Financial Advisers, Singapore
- IPP Financial Advisers; Singapore, Singapore
- California Bar Association - New Lawyer's Division
- California Physical Therapist Association
- UCSD Neurosurgeon Residents
- UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences
- St. Augustine University Physical Therapists
- San Diego Pharmacist Residency Programs (Sharp, VA, Scripps, UCSD, Navy)
- Published in the San Diego Defense Attorney Update Magazine
- Published on Virtualmedstudent.com
- San Diego Society of Physician Assistants SDSPA
- San Diego State University Physical Therapists
Zach only assists a select group of clients per year, focusing on their precise needs and goals. The relationships his clients enjoy are designed to endure for decades to create prosperity, security and financial well-being. Zach is passionate about his client relationships and strives to build a reputation centered on honesty and integrity. His consulting approach focuses on individual attention and personalized recommendations to suit his clients’ diverse needs, and high client retention rate demonstrates the trust and success built and preserved through committed service.
- Investment Portfolio Management
- Financial Analysis Review
- Retirement Investment Strategies
- Tax Minimization Techniques**
- Debt Management Strategies
- Student Loan Repayment Strategies
- Education Funding
- Survivor Needs Analysis
- Asset Allocation & Risk Tolerance
- Cash Flow Analysis/Budgeting
- Wealth Accumulation & Distribution Strategies
- Individual Insurance Strategies: Life, Disability, and Long Term Care
- Qualified Employer Plans: 401k's, SEP IRAs, SIMPLE IRAs
- Group Insurance: Health, Life, Business Overhead, and Disability Insurance
- Business Continuation/Exit Strategies**
- Employee Seminars
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Certification
Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
Harvard Business School Online
Arizona State University, W.P. Carey School of Business
Autonomous University of Barcelona - International Business Certificate
FINRA Series 7 Registered
FINRA Series 66 Registered
Licensed Life, Accident and Health Insurance Agent
Zach has been distinguished among a select group of financial advisors worldwide by the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) as a 2019, 2018 and 2017 Qualifier. MDRT is the Premier Association of Financial Professionals®.
Registered representative and investment advisor representative of CRI Securities, LLC and Securian Financial Services, Inc.
Born and raised in Waterford, Connecticut, Zach now resides in San Diego, California with his wife Carla. Zach enjoys sailing, golf, skiing, tennis, and traveling with his family and friends experiencing new cultures and creating forever lasting memories.
*As of 12/31/2017
**Financial Advisors do not provide tax or legal advice and this should not be considered as such. Please consult a tax or legal professional for advice regarding your specific situation.
Zach is a Registered Representative and Investment Advisor Representative of Securian Financial Services, Inc. and CRI Securities, LLC. CA Ins Lic # 0H70687. 2316371/DOFU 11-2018
Zachary’s Support Team
Title: Senior Practice Coordinator
Title: Practice Coordinator
Title: Wealth Management Counsel at Securian
Aside from the knowledge and experience you will receive from your advisor, North Star provides a team of experts within their specialties dedicated to helping your advisor choose well-suited products or services for you.
Name: Chase Brakke
Title: National Disability Insurance Specialist
Name: Chris Sitek
Title: Vice President, Life Business Development
Name: Jeff Landt
Title: Vice President and Director of Investments
Name: Carrie Hancock
Title: Vice President, Financial Planning Resource Center
San Diego9370 Sky Park Court
San Diego, CA 92123