Scott Gislason is a financial advisor representing North Star Resource Group - an independent financial services firm headquartered in Minneapolis with satellite offices across the country. Scott’s practice is focused on helping two types of clients:
- Entrepreneurs looking to coordinate the financial opportunities surrounding their business and personal lives;
- Successful individuals looking to create coordinated retirement strategies and estate plans*.
Scott squandered his twenties pursuing degrees and designations that are largely irrelevant to his career as a financial advisor. After graduating from Gustavus Adolphus College, Scott earned the CPA designation while working at a smaller local accounting firm. At this same time, Scott acquired a law degree from the William Mitchell College of Law. Following law school, Scott spent four years working with Arthur Andersen’s Minneapolis Tax practice before joining Minnesota Life to serve as a technical resource for its field force on matters pertaining to business and estate planning.
Scott joined North Star Resource Group in 1991 and has worked tirelessly these last 25 years to help ensure the financial needs of “the 1%” are met with a timely and cheerful smile.
- Financial Consultant (ChFC), American College, Bryn Mawr, PA (1990)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), American College, Bryn Mawr, PA (1990)
- Certified Public Accountant and member of Minnesota Society of CPAs (1985)
- Juris Doctorate, William Mitchell College of Law (1983)
- B.A., Accounting, Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota (1977)
- Member - Estate and Financial Planning Council of Saint Paul (1988 to present)
- Former Financial commentator on the National Public Radio show “Sound Money” and PBS’s weekly financial planning TV show “Right on the Money”
- Adjunct Faculty – U of M, Carlson School of Management – Insurance & Financial Services (2002 – 2005)
Scott and his wife Candace reside in St. Paul with their two children. Scott serves as a board member and Treasurer of the Loppet Foundation–a local not-for-profit focused on promoting active outdoor lifestyles. In addition, Scott serves on the board of the National Parkinson’s Foundation Minnesota. When not tending to the financial needs of “the 1%,” Scott is an enthusiastic golfer (T&C), skier, bicyclist and cut-throat croquet player.
Scott is a registered representative and investment advisor representative of CRI Securities, LLC and Securian Financial Services, Inc. 2782657/DOFU 11-2019
Scott’s Support Team
MinneapolisNorth Star Professional Center
2701 University Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414