Mark Miller is a financial planner who has spent the entirety of his career with North Star Resource Group since graduating from Baylor University. Mark specializes in working with physicians, dentists and business owners across the country. He has designed his practice to build life-long relationships with his clients by establishing trust through honesty and two-way communication.
His focuses for planning include:
- Building a Financial Foundation
- Accumulation and Distribution Planning
- Tax Minimization Strategies*
- Estate Planning*
In addition to financial planning, Mark specializes in the following:
- Risk Management
- True Own Occupation disability insurance
- Life insurance strategies
- Asset protection strategies
- 401k (Employer sponsored plans and solo 401ks)
- IRAs (Roth, Traditional, SEP)
- Debt Management
- Student and personal loans
- Credit cards
- College Funding
Mark’s clients pay him in one of three ways. Clients can utilize any of these based on their needs:
- Financial Planning Fee – Client’s pay for guidance through a flat fee relationship.
- Wealth Management – Mark can work with clients through institutional management or brokerage services which determine the fee.
- Insurance – Purchasing insurances is a commission-based relationship.
Through comprehensive financial planning Mark and his team provide value to his clients and their families in the following areas:
- Objective Financial Education - Mark focuses on making the convoluted topics of finances simple.
- Organization - Providing structure to your everyday and “big picture” finances.
- Accountability - Keep clients accountable toward their goals and priorities, despite potentially conflicting emotions.
- Transparency - Establish open and honest communication about every aspect of the advisor-client relationship, from favorable and unfavorable news, to fees and other processes.
- Time - Mark’s team gives you back time to enjoy life and your loved ones, instead of spending it on stressing, managing and implementing your financial affairs.
- Experience – Having met with thousands of physicians and their families over the past decade, Mark’s experience is vital to his recommendations for what is successful and what are the common mistakes or pitfalls that physicians make.
Mark grew up in Texas, where he presently lives with his wife and kids. He earned his BBA from Baylor University, and is passionate about family, friends, along with the outdoors and sports. Mark serves on the board of Stop Alzheimer’s Now, is actively involved in his church and non-profit group Arrows of Light.
Mark’s Support Team
Title: Practice Coordinator
Aside from the knowledge and experience you will receive from your advisor, North Star provides a team of experts within their specialties dedicated to helping your advisor choose well-suited products or services for you.
Name: Chase Brakke
Title: National Disability Insurance Specialist
Name: Chris Sitek
Title: Vice President, Life Business Development
Name: Jeff Landt
Title: Vice President and Director of Investments
Name: Carrie Hancock
Title: Vice President, Financial Planning Resource Center
DallasPark Place on Turtle Creek
2911 Turtle Creek, Suite 300
Dallas, TX 75219