"Helping successful individuals and families, medical professionals, and business owners."
Jim's mission is to help individuals and families implement a financial strategy that is designed to increase wealth and protection while decreasing anxieties and uncertainties about their financial futures. He is fully committed to educating families on the many options and decisions they have to make in implementing successful financial strategies.
In addition to his own practice, Jim is actively involved with North Star's Leadership Development Team. He is fully committed towards training and growing advisors in their first year in the business.
Jim is a member of the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT).
Jim specializes in the following areas:
- Personal Fee Based Financial Planning
- Tax Minimizing Strategies*
- Wealth Management and Retirement Distribution
- Budgeting Basics and Cash Flow Management
- Employer Sponsored Benefits (Group Life, Health and Disability)
- Life/Disability Insurance Selection and Design
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Plans (401K, 403B, 457, SEP IRA, Simple IRA)
- Financial Education Workshops for Medical Professionals
- Property and Casualty Insurance**
- The formulation of a strategy for retirement and the distribution of your assets.
- An independent confirmation that your strategy is on track to meet your needs.
- Helping to ensure that your family and assets are protected in the event of death, disability, long term care, or other potential liability issues.*
Jim's Background and Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, Concordia University St. Paul
- Member, National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance Licensed
- Variable Life and Annuity Licensed
- Property and Casualty licensed
- Series 7 Registered
- Series 66 Registered
Jim is a Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠
Jim currently resides in St. Paul, Minnesota with his wife Kristin, daughter Eliana (born December 2014) and son Jack (born December 2016). He enjoys the outdoors and spending time at his cabin in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
**Property and Casualty Insurance is not sold through CRI Securities or Securian Financial Services.
Jim is a Registered Representative and Investment Advisor Representative of Securian Financial Services, Inc. and CRI Securities, LLC. 2483338/DOFU 4-2019
Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) is an independent membership organization of life insurance and financial service professionals. Membership levels are based on commissions, premiums, or fees generated within a year from investment and insurance products. Members must apply annually and pay a fee. Members must be members in good standing of a Professional Association which has met the following criteria: in existence at least 2 years, have 100 or more members, must be a nonprofit organization, must have a code of ethics and an effective means of dealing with breaches of its code. Members must also adhere to the MDRT Code of Ethics. Working with this advisor is not a guarantee of future financial results. Investors should conduct their own evaluation.
Jim’s Support Team
Title: Administrative Assistant
MinneapolisNorth Star Professional Center
2701 University Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414