Erik is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner who graduated from Indiana University in 2002 and joined North Star Resource Group in 2003 as a financial consultant. Growing up as the son of a physician, Erik understands firsthand the unique and complex financial challenges within this chosen career and has a specialized practice working with physicians and dentists in addition to successful professionals and families. He is a member of North Star’s Medical Division, which is comprised of a group of advisors who work extensively with medical and dental professionals across the country sharing best practices. He has clients in over 20 states and believes that “if the trust is there, the miles don’t matter.”
Erik believes in taking a holistic approach to helping clients actively pursue their financial objectives, beginning with understanding each individual’s unique set of values, goals, philosophies and concerns. He provides fee-based financial planning and can also implement the strategies outlined in the plan through the sale of specific product.1
Erik is a frequent presenter to residents, fellows, practicing physicians and dentists at various teaching hospitals and medical practices throughout the country. He works extensively at Indiana University School of Medicine and School of Dentistry, St. Vincent Women’s Hospital, Methodist Hospital and St. Francis Hospital in Indiana and University of Louisville School of Medicine and University of Kentucky College of Medicine in Kentucky.
As a resident, Erik focuses his discussions in the areas of debt management, cash accumulation, moonlighting income, investments and insurance strategies. Once in practice, the main points of discussion are focused in the areas of wealth accumulation, asset protection strategies*, insurance, tax minimization strategies* along with exit strategies*.
Erik is a member of the MDRT's "Court of the Table".
His services include:
- Money Market Funds
- Brokerage Accounts (Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, ETFs)
- Retirement Strategies (401k, Traditional and Roth IRAs, Rollovers)
- Education Funding Strategies (529 Plans, Education IRAs, etc.)
- Asset Allocation and Investment Advisory Services
- Life Term, Variable, and Whole Life
- Disability Private vs. Employer Plans
- Health Small Business or Individual
- Long Term Care Group or Individual
- B.A., Indiana University
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Series 7 Registered
- Member, North Star Resource Group Medical Division
- Certification in Long-Term Care CLTC — Corporation for Long-Term Care Certification, Inc.
- Registered Representative, CRI Securities, LLC and Securian Financial Services, Inc., Members FINRA/SIPC
- Investment Advisor Representative, CRI Securities, LLC and Securian Financial Services, Inc., Registered Investment Advisors
- Agent, North Star Consultants, Inc.
- Licensed Life and Health Insurance Agent
- Member, National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors NAIFA
Erik resides in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota with his daughters, Addison and Ashlyn, and son, Aiden. Erik enjoys spending quality time with his family and friends, grilling out and is an avid Colts fan.
1Separate from the financial plan and our role as financial planner, we may recommend the purchase of specific investment or insurance products or accounts. These product recommendations are not part of the financial plan and you are under no obligation to follow them.
2598071 / DOFU 6-2019
Aside from the knowledge and experience you will receive from your advisor, North Star provides a team of experts within their specialties dedicated to helping your advisor choose well-suited products or services for you.
Vice President, Disability Insurance and Property and Casualty Operations
612.617.6008 | email@example.com
Vice President, Life Insurance and Long-Term Care
612.617.6109 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President and Director of Investments
612.617.6116 | email@example.com
Vice President, Financial Planning Resource Center
612.617.6137 | firstname.lastname@example.org
MinneapolisNorth Star Professional Center
2701 University Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414