How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com and add the subject "Administrative Assistant."
Greater Phoenix Area, AZ | Iowa City, IA | Minneapolis, MN
The purpose of this position is to manage the administration portion of the Associate’s Practice.
Key Traits for Success:
We have identified the following traits needed to be successful in our office:
- Positive Attitude
- Tech savvy
Administrative Assistant Tasks:
Client Interaction / Correspondence
- Answering incoming calls
- Setting / confirming / rescheduling appointments
- Prepare letters of instruction
- Handles basic service instructions from client meetings
- Confirmation of new and existing business
- Preparing all client information for meetings
Administration / Record Keeping
- Add client notes to SmartOffice (CRM system) as applicable.
- Assist in preparing paperwork, submit, track and record transferring existing clients to Pershing and SEI, etc.
- Prioritize cases (identify what parameters dictate high priority)
- Assist in completing applications (Insurance and Securities)
- Assist in preparing materials for policy letters
- Basic client service work and internal service support.
- Utilizing various computer programs for entering and updating data
- Manage advisors' calendars by utilizing Outlook.
- Tracking review and follow up on service cases (Securities and Insurance).
- Processing oversight (to ensure process meets desired time frame)
- Track business goals as applicable.
- Assist in seminar planning and coordination
- Run illustrations
- Copying, filing, faxing
- Prepare marketing letters / emails
- Ordering literature / supplies.
- Welcome clients
- Coffee/water set up
- Management of mail
- Work with Practice Coordinator on various tasks
- This list is not all inclusive
This description covers the primary and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed.
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum requirements in terms of educational background, work experience, licenses / certifications or other knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Four year degree or equivalent work experience
- Good computer skills; Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Maintains confidentiality of information
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and priorities
- High attention to detail.
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Good organizational and demonstrated problem solving skills a plus
- Knowledge of insurance / financial services industry
- Life/Health Insurance License preferred
Return to Opportunities